Be sure to scroll down and watch the video!
NOTE: There are new features available since this video was created.
In the CONTRACT TO BUY AND SELL (CBS) the SAVE TIME feature helps us save time by auto populating public information from an existing CTM listing agreement and/or the selected MLS data source into the Contract. This feature has been enhanced!
Enhanced Benefits of New Save Time Functionality:
1) Improve the Integration Process
2) Provide Accurate MLS Data
3) 4 tabs now allow you to select your primary source of data to import into the Contract Search CTM by Address Search MLS by Address (if the MLS is shown in CTM eContracts) Search MLS By MLS ID (if the MLS is shown in CTM eContracts) Search MLS Pushed Properties (for Denver MATRIX and Vail MLS)
CTM eContracts is now integrated with the following MLS listing services: Aspen Glenwood MLS, CREN MLS (Servicing 17+ counties and six REALTOR Board Associations including: Gunnison, Montrose, Alamosa, Durango, Pagosa Springs, Cortez, Telluride, Del Norte etc.) Denver REColorado/Matrix MLS, Grand County MLS, Grand Junction MLS, IRES MLS, Pueblo MLS, ROCC MLS (REALTORS of Central Colorado) (Poncha Springs, Alamosa, Canon City, Bailey, Buena Vista, Salida, Fairplay etc.) Summit County MLS, Vail MLS
Now when creating a CBS, you can Search for properties in eContracts and the above MLS listing services simultaneously. You can choose to populate data from MLS Data Source and/or eContracts Data Source.
Caution: Anytime you auto populate data into a contract/document, double check the accuracy.
It is critical that you use the SAVE TIME feature to ensure integration or linking of your CBS with the Listing transaction.
Before you create your CONTRACT TO BUY AND SELL, it is very important to understand that all contracts/disclosures have two views: Editing Section View and Print Preview/Signature View
EDITING SECTION VIEW: This view is your worksheet where you create or edit your contract(s). Your clients will never see this section or have access to it. This is the View you enter when you first create your CBS or when you click on the document to edit.
PRINT PREVIEW/SIGNATURE VIEW: The Print Preview/Signature View is what your clients receive when you email the contract or documents or when they are printed either as a pdf or a paper copy. This View is available after you SAVE your contract(s). When you email a contract/document it will be received in Print Preview, and the recipient can only read, print or email the document and it Cannot be Modified.
NOTE: Just a few documents can be completed (not modified) by the Seller/Buyer such as Seller’s Property Disclosure, Green Disclosure, CIC Docs and the Lead Based Paint.
NOTE: Web Signatures are available for you to view only when the contract is printed or when you are in Print Preview/Signature View.
To create your new CONTRACT TO BUY AND SELL, go to your main page. Click on the orange link CREATE NEW CONTRACT in the upper right portion of your Main screen. Then single click or highlight the particular CONTRACT TO BUY AND SELL REAL ESTATE you would like to create from the selection box, and then click the button called, Create Selected Contracts. The contract you have selected will open in its own browser window/tab.
Below are the Main Features of every CBS!
- Selecting Calendar Dates Anywhere in eContracts that a date is necessary, use the Calendar icon to enter the date. Click on the calendar icon and a window will display the current month. Once you select the appropriate date, it will drop automatically in the Date Box. The arrows located on the top will allow you to navigate through months and years.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The vertical numbering on the left side of the CBS in the Editing Section will not match the numbering in Print Preview. The information you have typed will be in a different font and the default is set to blue.
- SAVE Button All PARENT CONTRACTS have a convenient SAVE button on the right-side navigation toolbar that follows you up and down the document, so you do not have to go to the top or bottom of the contract to save. It is important to use any SAVE buttons frequently to SAVE any data input or keep any changes made to the documents. This is an online application and needs to be saved often. THERE IS NO AUTO-SAVE.
- ENTERING CLIENT INFORMATION Client Information only has to be entered into the Parent Contract once. This is a Single Point of Entry software. Up to 8 buyers/sellers can be added to the contract.
In the case of a new client, you can input the client’s information in two ways:
1. RECOMMENDED - Type it in the Client database first
You can enter the information into the Client Database first and then bring it into the CONTRACT TO BUY AND SELL. When using this approach, the client will be considered an Existing Client for the purpose of bringing the info into the contract. (see details below) (The Client’s info will be more complete in the Client Database, with email address, client type, reminders, etc. See details in the section about Client Database) If the data is already in the Client Database, you can pull the client’s information from your client database and insert it into the contract. To do so click on “Client Database”. A window will open displaying your client list. Select the client you wish to add to the CONTRACT TO BUY AND SELL and click go. All the client’s info (names, address, phone, etc.) will automatically populate into the contract.
2. Type it directly into the Contract and add it to the Client Database
If the client information is typed into the contract and you wish to Add this client to your Client Database you can add them as one or separate clients:
As One Client: The first and second clients can be added to the database as one client by marking the checkbox “Add to Client Database: Client 1st and 2nd as one Client”(e.g., husband & wife)
Separate Clients: To add the clients as separate clients into the client database (e.g., two investors) mark the checkbox next to the name for each name: “Add or Update Client Database”
NOTE: If you select both boxes “Add to Client Database: Client 1st and 2nd as one Client” and “Add to Client Database” it will be added twice to the Client Database. As mentioned above you can type the client’s information directly into the contract and save it in your Client Database, but it is strongly recommended to input the client’s information in your Client Database first and then when you create a CONTRACT TO BUY AND SELL bring the information into the contract. Once the contract is completed, be sure to click SAVE.
NOTE: If you pull the client’s information into the contract from the Client Database and save it and later on you change your client`s email address or phone # in the Client Database, it will not be changed in the contract that has been created and saved. The updated client information will reflect only in new contracts created after the client’s info change.
- How to Know when a Contract /Document Has Been Created Please notice that a contract/document is not created until you click Save. Then two more icons will appear at the top right corner. They are Print Preview/Signature View and PDF Print. This means that the Contract Has Been Created in the system and can be retrieved at any time. Now you can print it by clicking PDF Print.
- QUICK “Go To” FLOATING MENU You will see a few icons right under the floating navigation toolbar Save button on the right-hand side. This toolbar will allow you to go to specific sections of the contract instantly.
- DEADLINES This feature helps you to calculate your contract deadline dates and check automatically for weekends and holidays before inserting the dates into the contract. It will also allow you to create and save templates for different closing scenarios such us 30 Day Closing, 45 Day Closing, MEC 30 Day Closing, etc. In the CBS at the Dates and Datelines section, click on the live link, Auto Dating Deadlines. This will produce a pop-up window that will permit you to select the appropriate Template, input the Contract Date and Closing Date, then Save and Insert. After dates have been inserted, using a template, you can make adjustments to suit a particular client and/or transaction. Click on the Calendar icon.
- PRICE AND TERMS This section of the CBS has a built-in calculator. This will help you calculate the necessary Cash at Closing. Do not use any special characters such as $, periods, commas, n/a, etc. Several sections of the CBS can be selected to be omitted. These sections have a checkbox and include the text Do Not Display in Print Out.
NOTE: It is strongly recommended that you use the Print Preview/Signature View mode to check the entire contract. If you use these checkboxes, sections will print/display as Omitted as Inapplicable. This cannot be changed once the contract is signed and locked.
- SELLER/BUYER ADMINISTRATIVE SECTION
NOTE: Seller Names and Listing Agent can be added to the bottom of the CBS even after the Buyer(s) has/have signed and locked the document.
- Insert/Remove “N/A”: By default, when a new contract is created the “n/a” is automatically populated into all empty fields. You can remove or insert “n/a” by using the n/a: Insert Remove feature which is located almost at the bottom of the contract. Just check your selection then click Save.